<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

* Do not just walk away; you have not accomplished the mission yet. George Bush was not completely serious when he said it, believe me! Do not hand Iraq to amateurs and terrorists. I do not think democracy will work in seven years in a place where no definition of democracy had ever existed. Do not leave a prime minister who indifferently says ‘well…yeah.. The electric power is a problem here.. What can we do?’ Well, you are the damn prime minister; you should know what to do about it! That was a very reassuring statement from the head of the state and a clear message to the Iraqi people saying: Sorry guys, go buy more electric generators for your houses, I just do not know what the heck I am doing.
We have achieved one thing though; we are in the top 10 of the world’s most corrupt countries. We were number two. Damn, we could not make it to the top.
If we Iraqis are the problem, then teach us.

* I got introduced to a friend of a friend last week. After the usual boring conversation about ‘why I do not look like an Iraqi’ (like we have a stamp on our forehead saying ‘Iraqi’) we came across Saddam and how cruel he was, then she surprisingly asked: ‘Is Saddam an Iraqi?!!’ I said: ‘umm.. I guess!’, she replied with all seriousness: ‘I thought he was from Afghanistan’!!
I do not have a problem with ignorant people, but please..please.. do NOT vote.

* I passed the national board dental examination and am going to apply for the advanced program for foreign trained dentists. It is a 2 or 3 years program. Upon successful completion, I will get the license to practice dentistry in the US.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?