<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Hi friends,
*I'm in Basra now, I set out last Friday.
*I heard that the governor of Basra promised to arrest and punish anyone trying to breach the peace in the city (pointing to Muqtada's thugs).. Basra is now safe and secure . The ICDC and IP are everywhere.

*We had a party on Sunday. All the officials gathered in one room and cheered the wedding of a doctor in our center; she got married to a doctor in another center last month.
We prepared a simple party for them, they were very happy.
The husband said "I've graduated in 2001 and after 3 years I got marred, it's wonderful..How would I do that with 3000 id? Thank God, now we are relaxed, we can do everything with the salary.

*When Ayad Allawy has been elected by the GC members to be a prime minister, the assistant in our center told me his 'great' opinion regarding that, he said "I don't think he's a good man, I don't agree with that.."
I said why? What's wrong with him? He said "he doesn't wear a beard or a moustache"!!!!!!!1
He was speaking seriously, he looked like a kid! I didn't know what to say. I smiled at him and changed the subject.

By the way, congratulations to all Iraqis on the formation of the interim government. I hope the new guys will serve this country in the best way they can.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?